The Effect Audio X Elysian Acoustic Labs Gaea is a culmination of both collaborating entities’ acoustic technologies and design.
Elysian Acoustic Labs’ IEMs are all hand-crafted; each monitor comprises a single Dynamic Driver (DD) from Foster and four Balanced Armature (BA) drivers from Sonion, with Elysian Acoustic Labs’s proprietary DiVe Pass II. The brand’s second-generation ventilation technology features independent vents to eliminate reverberation of the back chamber and provides optimal pressure relief in the front chamber. This reduces driver-flex issues from diaphragm compression, allowing better movement of the diaphragm and realising the dynamic driver’s full potential.
The internal components of each monitor are wired using a cable created through Effect Audio’s rigorous R&D process. Made up of a bespoke mix of materials, namely Copper and Silver-Plated Copper, the cable was specially chosen and applied to complement further and enhance the sonic quality of Gaea.
The Effect Audio x Elysian Acoustic Labs Gaea comes with a UP-OCC Copper Litz and UP-OCC Silver Plated Copper Litz ConX™ Ready cable featuring Effect Audio’s proprietary Dual Geometric design with a pair of Pentaconn Ear Interchangeable Connectors, retaining Elysian Acoustic Labs’s hallmark of using Pentaconn Ear.
Elysian Acoustic Labs also sourced the Effect Audio x Elysian Acoustic Labs Gaea’s matte Microfibre Polyurethane case which is meticulously designed, sporting custom rounded edges and black stitches, the case mirrors the shape of luxury jewelry cases, in a modern contemporary form.
Priced at USD 1,299 (SGD 1,999), the Effect Audio x Elysian Acoustic Labs Gaea will be available for pre-order from today at Effect Audio and all authorised retailers.
Technical Specifications (IEM)
- 5 Drivers Hybrid In Ear Monitor (1 Dynamic Driver & 4 Balanced Armatures)
- 4-Ways Crossover system (1 DD x Low, 1 BA x Low-Mid, 1 BA x Mid-High, 2 BA x High )
- DiVe Pass II Dual Ventilation Technology
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Impedance: 10 ohm@ 1 kHz
- Sensitivity: 102 db / 100 mV @ 1 kHz
- THD ≤ 1 %
- Proprietary mix for Internal wiring and custom cable by Effect Audio
- Aesthetics (Stabilized wood for faceplate and cable accessories)
- In Package Accessories: Microfibre Polyurethane case, Spin fit W1 Medical Grade Silicone eartips (Multisize: S/M/L), Cleaning Tool and Cloth
Technical Specifications (Cable)
- Selected Premium UP-OCC Copper Litz
- Selected Premium UP-OCC Silver Plated Copper Litz
- Proprietary Dual Geometric Design
- EPO 24AWG 4 Wires
- EA Ultra Flexi™ Insulation
- ConX™ Ready with Pentaconn Ear Interchangeable Connector
- Rhodium Plated Brass Straight Type Plug