When Porta-Fi visited FiiO’s HQ in Guangzhou, China last November, we had an interview with Kean Zhang, Vice President of FiiO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.
During the interview, we spoke about the FiiO Music iOS APP that was part of FiiO Autumn Launch Event on the 4th of November. He affirmed that “We will definitely have the Android release in the near future.”
Well, the wait is over! FiiO has today released FiiO Music for Android 0.0.8 beta for public use.
- Supports most of the mainstream audio formats including DSD, WAV, FLAC, APE, AIF, ALAC, MP3, OGG, WMA, etc.;
- Supports DoP output to external DACs, such as FiiO Q5/Q1MKII, Chord Mojo, etc.;
- Supports CUE sheet;
- Supports resume playing;
- Supports Gapless playback;
- Supports skipping through folders;
- Supports playing by all songs, artist, albums (sort by track no.), genre, folder, custom playlist, etc.
- Supports DLNA;
- Supports controlling FiiO Q5.
- There might be screen adaption issue for a few devices. If you find this issue on your device, please kindly send FiiO an email detailing the following:
– Make and model of our device
– Screen resolution
– Description of issue
- This version currently requires the Android 6.0 or later, and it’s not suitable for FiiO X7/X5III/X7MKII, which will be improved in the future.
- You’ll need to update the firmware of your Q5 to the latest version before controlling it through this app. For updating of Q5, please click here.
- The APP is not available on the Google Play Store as it is currently in beta.
- You may need to amend the appropriate permission settings on your Android device settings (often found either under security or developer options) in order to allow “non-official” apps to be installed.